Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day One Summary

Oliver is awesome. I could leave it at that, but here're some details. We tried to get him breastfeeding. He's latching (sort of) sometimes, and we're working on the sucking part. He's still feeling the effects of the epidural and general anaesthetic that Holly had yesterday, so he slept through most of the day. We should be so lucky. We had a few visitors, and hopefully we'll have some more. Ollie's sleeping in the nursery again tonight, and I'm at home to try to get a good night's rest. We won't be able to use the nursery after tonight, so I'll be at the hospital for the rest of the week. I'll try to get another update through the week though.

Holly will be in the hospital until Saturday, so there's plenty of time for anyone that wants to drop by. There's no way to get ahold of us at the moment, but I should have my cell on me by later tomorrow. Please phone before you come (unless I've already spoken to you), since the room is small and Holly needs all the rest she can get. If you drop by unannounced, you might have to wait a while for someone else to leave or for the new family to finish napping, feeding, or just being alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there new parents! Welcome to the wonderful world of sleep deprivation! Seriously, though...gorgeous baby boy, you both must be beaming with pride. Oliver is an absolute doll (in the most manly, not-girly way!!). I wish you both all the best - you're both going to be amazing parents...I hope you savour every waking moment (and a few sleeping moments, too). Congratulations!!