Wednesday, November 09, 2005

2 weeks old

Oliver is two weeks old today, and I have newfatheritis. I'm constantly awed by the way he changes from day to day. He's started to look around, and it seems like he's doing it on purpose. When we go to get him from the crib, he'll look towards us. When he's awake in the living room, he moves his eyes around, and keeps his eyes focused when his head turns. His arms have started to move with a little more control lately; he'll push the soother from his mouth if he isn't interested, and he pulls towards his mouth when he wants to. His legs are still flopping around on their own schedule, though.

Holly and I are doing pretty good as well. I went to the glass studio last night since O was born, and will soon be working my own shifts. I also went to work this morning to try to get a head start for next week, and to give Holly a chance to adjust to not having me around all the time. We've been out and about a fair amount lately, either for walks or grocery trips or visiting.

I think I'm getting the hang of this parenting thing. right.

No comments: