Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Florida, Day 3

I'm in Orlando for Autodesk University 2005 right now. 3 days in, and my brain is fried fried fried. It's been an adventure.
 
When I got to my hotel, I wanted to put my passport in the room safe. Only problem; I couldn't find my passport. I determined that it had most likely fallen out of my bag on the airplane, so I spent the next two days on the phone with Air Canada and United to see if they found it. As of yesterday, they hadn't, so I decided to give up and report it lost. I called the canadian passport office, and after realizing I would be on hold for at least half and hour, bailed and decided to try again later. Good thing, because at about 2:00 am last night, my room phone rang. I was only semi-conscious, but it was the shuttle driver that brought us from the airport to the hotel. Turns out my passport fell out in his van. Luckily he remembered our conversation (which centred around Alberta, and our upcoming money from the gov't), and remembered that he had driven us to a hotel on the resort. It seemed like he'd already checked at a couple of other hotels before getting the right one. Long story short: I have my passport back!!! What a relief!
 
The conference has been fantastic so far. Every class overloads my brain, but I can't wait for the next one to start. I'm learning tons.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, that sounds like my brother.